In this post you’re going to learn how to promote your content in 2019.
These are the exact strategies I use to promote my content.
And today I’m going to show you how to do it.
Here are the tactics you’ll learn about in this ultimate guide.
- Write In-Depth Content
- Perform an SEO Audit of Your Website
- Blogger Outreach
- Broken Link Building
- Guest Posting
- Infographic Marketing
- Skyscraper Technique
- BONUS: Media Outreach
Let’s dive right in…
#1 – Write In-Depth Content
It’s no secret that writing an In-depth content get more traffic in the SERPS.
Just look at Neil Patel traffic.
He was able to rapidly grow his traffic from to 115,759 in one year. It was one of his best years, and all he had to do was write an In-depth content.
Question is: How do you create an In-depth content?
Here are the tips:
- Create a title that will capture the minds of your readers.
- Under introduction, open with an ANECDOTE, write in the first person, weave a narrative throughout.
- Under themain body, add Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- Lastly, write a motivational closing echoing the problem/desire from the headline and introduction. Remind the reader the action they need to take and encourages them to take the first step.
As you can see the above points are proven to get you more traffic in the SERPS. When you implement the said points in your long form content, you will likely increase the chance of getting more traffic.
#2 – Blogger Outreach
Now that you’ve published your content, you need to promote it through blogger outreach.
In fact, it’s one of the best technique to build a strong relationship with influential bloggers.
The question is…
How to do it.
- Find influential bloggers within your niche
- Send them a personalized email in regards to your topicbut don’t ask for a link.
- If the blogger accepts your initial email, then share your epic blog post
- If your post is appealing, the influential blogger will be happy to share the post on social media or announce it to their email subscribers.
#3 – Perform an SEO Audit of Your Website
Do you want more search engine traffic?
If yes, you need to audit your website.
This is the most critical part in your marketing campaign.
Before you scale your marketing effort you need to audit your site for any SEO errors.
Here is a simple steps on how to do an SEO audit effectively:
- Fix broken links
- Speed up your website
- Delete thin blog post
- Fix indexing problem
- Analyze your backlinks
- Improve your content
- Analyze your competitors backlinks
- Improve your On-page SEO
- Check if your website is Mobile friendly
- Start to track your keyword ranking in SERPS
That’s it for the SEO audit process.
Now for our next content promotion technique…
#4 – Broken Link Building
There is no doubt, broken link building the best strategy to rank your website.
In fact it’s one of my best strategy to promote my content.
For example, Nikolay Stoyanov used the broken link building strategy and he was able to get 15 links in just 1 day.
How does it work?
- Find a page that has broken links
- Use Check My Links to scan the page for broken links
- Alert the owner of the website of the broken links
- Lastly suggest your link to the owner to replace in a friendly way.
Here’s a great guide that includes the detailed process.
#5 – Guest Posting
Is guest posting the best marketing strategy?
Guest posting can help you build your brand strongly in your industry.
For example, Buffer took theirbusiness from Zero to 100k Customers within 9 months.
Here is how his traffic grew.
How do you find blogs that accepts guest post within your industry?
Here are the search queries:
- “submit guest post” + your keyword
- “write for us” + your keyword
- “your keywords” + contribute guest article
- “name of author” guest post by
Once you find the right guest post sites, you need to reach out to the editor or the owner of the site to request if you can share your guest post.
Hope you have seen how guest posting is effective.
Let’s go #6.
#6 – Infographic Marketing
This is an advanced strategy that if executed well, it can generate more organic traffic and mention from the media sites.
Inforgraphic marketing is a scalable, white hat and powerful form of marketing.
But there is one challenge: how do you create the right inforgraphic that can get the attention of influencers and media sites?
Here is how:
- Find a relevant topic
- Come up with data points between 7-10
- Come up with a great design
- Publish it on your site
- Start link prospecting
- Once you find the right prospect, start connecting with them
- If you Inforgraphic was super good, you will start seeing results of your work.
I hope that you see the full benefits of inforgraphic marketing.
#7 – Skyscraper Technique
This is the simplest form of promoting your content.
It can rank your content fast.
Let me show you the specifics steps to follow.
- Use keyword research tool to find the best keyword
- Find content that ranks in the SERPs for your chosen keyword
- Create the right content that deserves to rank in the SERPs
- Mention influencers
- Add visual images
- Lastly, promote your epic content through the right channels.
Here are my favorite channels when promoting a skyscraper content.
- Use pre-outreach
- Email influencers who contributed on your content
- Email bloggers who have written about the same content
If you execute this strategy well, your content will generate more search traffic.
BONUS: Media Outreach
There is no doubt about it.
Successful media outreach can boost your brand and make your website generate more sales.
In fact, it’s one of the best ways to get your website noticed.
But without a clear plan, your website cannot land the coverage you need.
Here are quick steps to help you get noticed.
- Come up with an amazing story that will make you land press coverage
- Come up with reasonable goals
- Build a strong relationship with journalist before you start outreach for your story
- Once you have built relationship, create a perfect pitch for your story.
- Follow up with journalist after 2 to 3 days after sending your perfect pitch.
Here are 5 outreach tools that can help you find journalists within your niche.
If you want to maximize your PR outreach, then the 5 PR tools are perfect.
Note: Maintain the relationships you have established. You never know when you will need them.
Now it’s your turn
I hope this ultimate guide will help you promote your content in 2019 effectively.
If you have any thoughts or tips to add, please leave your feedback below.